The Anglican School Googong’s Facebook page is public, which means that anyone can see your posts on Facebook and your posts may even show up in search-engine results (like Google). While we want to foster healthy discussion, because we are a friendly, welcoming and respectful community, we have to follow certain rules and we may have to remove posts that don’t fit our community guidelines.
We encourage everyone to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others
- Submit your own original content, and do not post someone else’s copyrighted work unless you have permission
- Please do not include any personal or sensitive information (such birthday, home address, phone number).
- Do not link to factually incorrect content or any other webpage. Any links to third party sites that cannot be verified will be removed.
- You will never receive a request from us for such information, but if you appear to receive a request for personal or sensitive information – please do not respond. Help us to maintain your security by forwarding any such request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that our Facebook page is moderated. We’ll make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we may not reply to every comment.
Our Facebook page is moderated by a special team. All comments and posts will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with our policies. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that we deem are abusive, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate. Please note:
- Do not post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secrets or securities) or due to your personal contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Our Facebook page may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.
- The Anglican School Googong reserves the right to ban any user from our page without prior written notice or consent for violations of community policies. Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
- By using or accessing this page, you also agree to comply with Facebook’s Terms and Conditions.
- While we welcome comments from everyone, it is important to note that posts on The Anglican School Googong’s Facebook page do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the School, nor does the School confirm their accuracy.
Comment and Posting Policy
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We may delete comments or posts that we deem to be:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive, violent or unrelated
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organisation.
- Discriminatory comments or posts that contain hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading in any way.
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of virus, malware, spyware, or similar program that could cause harm to a user’s computer.
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that comments remain on topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic that is being discussed within that wall post.
Ultimately the purpose of this page is to create a safe space for two-way conversations between The Anglican School Googong and our customers, sharing questions or feedback is encouraged, please adhere to the above guide and we will do our best to resolve any questions or concerns you may have.
We may delete comments that we deem to be off topic or that no not add to the overall experience of our page, including solicitations. In addition, we may remove identical posts by the same user or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will leave the first submission and delete the duplicates.
If you are a member of the media, please contact the School directly at: email@example.com or +61 (2) 6154 9400.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policies
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
- Infringement on any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
- By submitting any content to our Facebook page, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
- Using our Facebook page to distribute unauthorised copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
- Please note that by posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our Facebook page, you are granting The Anglican School Googong nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This could include, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Privacy and Security Policies
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as your birthday, home address, phone number or email address in any comment or post. If you do include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post may be deleted to protect your personal safety.
To read Facebook’s Terms of Service, please click here.
If you are a family with a question for us, apart from contacting us via this page or by private message you may also receive assistance through our other channels:
P: +61 (2) 6154 9400